I’ve been blogging for a few years, and it’s become increasingly enjoyable and rewarding. Here are the top 5 reasons I blog:
- To learn. When a topic is of interest to me, I enjoy researching it. Blogging is a good platform for capturing my research, especially if I want to share some of that research. I also learn from people’s comments and questions. It is especially useful when people provide additional references or different perspectives on a topic.
- To share. I believe the purpose of life is to live, learn, and grow. A crucial element to learning and growing is interacting and sharing with other people.
- To organize my thoughts. Sometimes I simply start jotting down related thoughts. By the time I finish the post, I have a much clearer stance on the topic.
- To help me remember. Sometimes I use my blog as the repository for things I want to remember. For example, because I spend a lot of time in Hilton hotels in London, I created a comparison to help me remember which ones are the best and why.
- To get things off my chest. Sometimes I feel the need for a soapbox. People don’t need to read it, like it, or agree with it; it just feels good to get it out there.